• As a consignor you make 60% of your sales and you set the price of each of the items you put in the sale. Your $10 consignor fee will be taken out of your check. (Volunteers make 70% of their sales!) With 4 full days of selling opportunities, your hard work pays off! Our average consingor check for the Fall 2013 event was over $420!
• JBF has earned a reputation for quality items, which is why we have only the BEST gently used items for shoppers to choose from. Not having to sort through junk means shoppers will buy more and spend more on your incredible things.
• Consignors and Volunteers get to shop before the public to find the best deals FIRST on Wednesday, May 7th.
• JBF offers a free bar coding website. This will allow you a fun, fast & convenient way to price your items and track your sales!
• You can put anything and everything that has to do with raising a child in the sale: clothing (fall/winter), shoes, toys, baby equipment, games...and maternity clothes!
• Just Between Friends- Reading supports local charities, so if you choose to donate your unsold items they go to use in our local community immediately to help moms and kids in need! If you choose not to donate, all of your items will be sorted and ready for pick up Monday, May 12th between 5pm-8pm.
Were you PERFECT? Check here and if your consignor # (first letter and first three digits) appears on the list, you skip inspection for the Spring 2014...yipee! Follow all guidelines outlined below as you must earn this status for each sale! If your name does not appear on the list, and you believe you did make the grade, email Beth before May 1st.
Perfect Inspection is granted to consignors who have less than 3 items removed from the floor and/or rejected at drop off. It pays to take the extra time to ONLY bring your very BEST!
Please note we will spot check each and every consignor to ensure only the highest quality merchandise is placed on the sales floor!
IT'S A GREAT DAY TO TAG!
Outlined below are resources and guidelines to help you get started:
All tags must be created using our free on line tagging site. To enter, go to your PROFILE (top right corner of page) and go to ENTER TAGS
Use only white 8.5 X 11 CARDSTOCK, 67lb minimum. No regular copy paper or glitter paper will be accepted.
Use the Print Tags (Alternative) to print 6 tags per sheet versus 4 with the Print Tags method. Adobe Acrobat must be installed on your printer to use this option.
Please print with best quality to ensure the items can be read by scanners.
Do not shrink tag size as they cannot be read by scanners.
TIP: If you cannot print your tags at home please consider using a friend’s, relative’s or the library's computer/printer for your bar-coded tags.
Tagging with safety pins: Please use size 2 (1 1/2") or larger safety pins; no straight pins or small gold ones. Remember all multi-piece clothing items must be safety pinned together through all pieces. This will prevent your items from separating.
Tagging with a tagging gun: We highly recommend the use of using a tagging gun! It makes tagging much more efficient, and it leaves almost no markings when used properly. For instructions on the recommended use of a tagging gun, please click here. To purchase a tagging gun, please email Beth.
All tags should be put through the garment's tag at the back of the neck or waist. If a garment tag does not exist, please put the tag through the right underarm seam/waistband seam so that the material is not damaged by the tagging barb.
The tag needs to hang on the right side of the garment (when looking at the item) whenever possible since all other tags will be on that side.
• Clothing should be placed on the hanger in the direction of "?" mark.
• Please hang size 0-6mo garments on child size hangers. Use adult size hangers when appropriate - to prevent the item(s) from falling off of hangers.
• Safety pin clothing sets securely with pants hung on the backside of the shirt, so both pieces can be viewed without unpinning them.
• Safety pin through BOTH pieces AND through the hanger (this will prevent pants from weighing down the shirt and causing a possible tear).
• You can also use 2 hangers to display a "set", securing the tops of the hangers together with a rubberband or zip tie.
• Please safety pin pants to the top part of the hanger so the garment will not slide.
Hangers: (Plastic or wire hangers are acceptable.) Everything that can be hung on a hanger, should be put on a hanger (this includes pj's, sleepers), This allows the shopper to better view your items, without having to take things out of plastic baggies to do so.
You do not need to purchase pant hangers. To attach pants to wire hangers, simply use safety pins and fasten pants to the top part of the hanger so the garment will not slide.
Many local merchants give their hangers away ~ just call them before you go out to make sure they have an ample supply.
Hangers will not be returned on clothing that is sold.
Consignor checks are nice and BIG when you tell at least 10 of your friends about the sale. Click here to request your referral cards and watch your profits grow! For less than 5, please download here - otherwise we will mail.
Tagging is easier when you have all of the supplies at your finger tips. We have just the tools you need to get going! See details to below to purchase a TAGGING KIT or TAGGING GUN by clicking on "more info":
Each TAGGING KIT includes:
25 Pieces of White Card Stock
The cost of the kit is $30. To place your order, please click here and you will be taken to our secure PayPal account!
If you would just like a TAGGING GUN with BARBS they are available for $12 + shipping. Please click here to order.
Should you have any questions regarding tagging supplies, please email Beth.
We love our repeat consignors and are thrilled to see familiar faces each season! Even if you have participated in the past, you MUSTclick here to register for the upcoming sale so we have an accurate count. More importantly, your inventory will not be pointed to the Reading sale if do not update your status.
Do you have more "stuff" than time? Consider our Valet Tagging Program. Click "more info" to get all of the details below!
Here's how it works:
Sign up ASAP! Limited spots are available. You will first need a consignor #. Click the "sign up" button in the upper right hand corner of this page.
In order to quaify, you must answer YES to at least 2 questions below:
Do you have at least 100 items?
Are 80% of your items name brand? (Less than 20% of your items are from Target/Walmart.)
If Valet Tagging were not an option, would it be impossible for you to participate in the next JBF sales event?
If you qualify, click here to secure a spot - a tagger will contact you.
Bring your clean, sorted clothes, toys, books, games and other items to the designated Valet Tagger. Clothing must be on hangers and a completed VIP Consignor Waiver is required when you drop off your items!
The VIP tagger prepares and tags your items (you have 1 day to approve the tags), takes them to the sale, puts them on the sales floor AND you still make 45%!! 50% if you volunteer for 4 hours - easy!!
You will be given a presale pass to attend the consignor pre-sale Wednesday, May 7th @ 12pm and you get to bring 1 guest! If you volunteer with us, you will get in earlier! All passes will be held at the door by our greeter.
You will also be given a presale pass
Please read your Valet Waiver carefully; even if you have participated in the program before, it is important to take a moment to reread this document.